Matai Black Chair Rattan Seat...
Or payment options selectable at checkout:
$110 AKL & WEL Metro, $149 Rest of NI,
$209 South Island
AVAILABLE Nationwide delivery or pick-up FREE at Auckland or Kaitaia locations (Usually takes 7-10 working days)
This iconic replica chair has been carefully hand crafted from oak with natural rattan panels. Particularly striking with the Linea Collection.
Rattan is lightweight, durable and flexible. Not to mention its ability to repel water due to its low porosity. Derived from the Rattan plant it is obtained by peeling the skin off the vine and woven into webbing. Given Rattan is a natural product some variations in colour will apply.
Style Midcentury Replica
Timber Oak (painted black)
Construction Each piece is uniquely crafted and hand bent. Features finger joins, recessed rattan placement and stoppers on feet. As this is solid oak, differences in timber may vary and considered as natural characteristics.
Rigorously tested for correct measurements, colour, wood moisture (internals included), load bearing and construction strength. Available with Warranty, please click here to download.
We try our best to ensure photography depicts colours as accurately as possible. Colours can appear different depending on the type of display you are viewing from, therefore we recommend viewing in person for true colour representation.
Furniture by Design are a family owned and operated NZ based company and are a subsidiary of Salamander Importers. With over 30 years in the furniture business our passion for quality furniture at affordable prices is stronger than ever. With highly experienced Furniture Buyers, in-house Interior Designers and collaboration with European Furniture Designers we aim to strike a balance between trend, quality and affordability.
How to care for your timber furniture
- Dust with a clean, damp, lint free cloth
- Frequent dusting will remove abrasive build up, which can damage the finish over time
- Do not use a very wet cloth or allow liquid to contact with the veneers for a long period of time as this can permanently damage the surface. Wipe up spills immediately
- Do not use any abrasive cleaner or harsh detergent as this can damage the surface of the furniture
- Spray polishes are best avoided as they contain silicones which may spoil the furniture's surface when building up over time
- Make sure all surfaces are protected from heat and liquids by mats and coasters
- Ensure that a mat or pad is placed under paper when you are writing on the furniture surface
- Do not place rubber or plastic materials on the wood finish as chemicals which may react with the finish if left in contact for an extended period of time
- Our furniture will endure most temperatures in the home but it is best to avoid placing furniture next to heat sources such as radiators or fires. Be particularly careful with solid wood as the lack of humidity caused by home heating can cause damage such as warping, cracking or splitting
- Excessive exposure to sunlight can cause fading of your furniture